"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hicksville Long Island by Night

Last weekend while I was leaving Hicksville I wanted to take the bus back to Flushing, Queens but learned that they don't run much later than about 9 PM. Needless to say I was disappointed but as always plan B was to take the LIRR back into the city and then walk home.  I guess I should be grateful seeing as I was still trying to make my way through a stash of twenty year old Kodak 800 speed film.  I was able to capture a few images that I like. They display an aspect of timelessness because there is no specific content which determines a specific time period. However, at the same time they carry a feel of time that's since passed. Anyway, I like them and I hope you find something enjoyable about them as well.

Best,

-S.

P.S. My favorites are the second and third one down.

©Steve Shilling II ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
©Steve Shilling II ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
©Steve Shilling II ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
©Steve Shilling II ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
©Steve Shilling II ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

P.P.S - The immense amount of grain is due to the film being long since expired as well as varying amounts of under exposure.

1 comment:

  1. I actually like the grain..nice work--dark and gritty view... you were in my neck of the woods (grew up in Flushing)

    ReplyDelete