"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Mystery Fragrance

I cannot for the life of me find any online reference to this cologne anywhere.  It's sold by International Parfums and as you can see comes in a lovely Art Deco styled glass bottle.  It's my current favorite cologne that I own in line with Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flanel (1975) and those who are familiar will probably laugh at me, Halston's Z-14 (1976). Okay so apparently my nose is stuck living in the mid-seventies.  It doesn't bother me that my nose leans towards the smells of the past; they sure beat the crap out of the majority of the fragrances made today.

©Steve Shilling


I'll upload my own shots of the other two colognes when I get the chance to shoot them. Till then any assistance on discovering the name of this unknown, mysterious fragrance is greatly appreciated.


Sincerely,


-S.


As I said, here are my two other favorite fragrances. I found an hour of tonight free so I set up a makeshift micro studio and here's what I got.

All Time Favorite - 'Grey Flannel' by André Fromentin for Geoffrey Beene
©Steve Shilling

Honorable Mention - 'Halston Z-14' by Vincent Marcello / Max Gavary for Halston
©Steve Shilling

And here is a newly shot image of the Mystery Fragrance:
©Steve Shilling
I like the reflection of this one better but I had to fabricate over half of the cap rotated to the side. The cap is plastic and had a load of scratches on it.

P.S. Yes, I added the Halston Z-14 to make it look more like an add... it makes me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment