"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Words of Wisdom #1

Enjoy the path, forget about the destination, and walk well.
-A.

A close friend and mentor of mine said that.  We were talking over the airwaves this evening and what i'm going to do for you is sort of mock up a small transcript of sorts for you all.


A. "...Life's too short"

S. "Life is pretty short but it's the longest thing thing we'll endure/enjoy/experience."

A. "Really? How do you know?"

S. "How do I know what? Is this a trick question?"

A. "Not at all a trick question, unless you consider metaphysical questions to be trick ones. You said life is short but it's all we have.- how do you know?"

S. "I didn't say it's ALL we have, I said it's the longest (time-wise) we've got. If you're speaking of existence beyond the physical can time be considered a factor that matters? If not then while alive (where time seems to matter/carry importance) my statement is true that it's the longest. However, I see where you're coming from."

A. "Even so- how do you know? What is (no proof to the contrary) every grain of sand has a continuing consciousness that used to belong to a higher life form? (Do not entertain this question if you've been smoking dope, or listening to the Moody Blues)."

S. "Haha I've still not to understand the smoking experience [...] As for my response? Well there is not enough evidence supporting or disproving either concept and I can't claim to have sided either way. But every now and then  I do enjoy wandering down both paths of thoughts."

A. "Right- so enjoy the path, forget about the destination, and walk well."


Sincerely,

-S.


P.P.S. If none of that interested you whatsoever than how about a short but well done live performance from back in the day. All the way from Cannes, France it's Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band performing Sure 'nuff an' Yes I Can.

No comments:

Post a Comment