"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sometimes I Love New York...

Shot earlier today just North of Union Square.
©Steve Shilling

Take some time and devote it to a good walk today. Who knows what you might come across.
I don't even know how one would get to sitting on that thing let alone initiating movement.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Sincerely,

-S.

P.S. No, the low quality is not me adding fake grain through an inadequate grain filter run by some magical algorithm. he above image looks the way it does because it was a close up image shot with my Blackberry  using the LCD screen of my computer as a makeshift light table.  since the average aperture of most cell phone cameras comes out to roughly f/11 it caught the pixels produced by my screen behind my negative.  I'll post a scan of the actual image later on this week.


Here's the scanned image:
©Steve Shilling

No comments:

Post a Comment