"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Monday, August 15, 2011

Self Portrait

Now, I'm not a fan of self portraiture, at all. I find it narcissistic and those who abuse the genre of photography to be entirely self-absorbed. Having said that I know that no one knows me better than myself and so I listened to my teachers back when they told me that I should consider making a few self portraits. I figured that I had in the past been the subject facing the camera for others so why not revisit that brief stint of modeling.  At least this time the person giving the artistic direction would be someone who knows how to match my identity with the feel of the image.
My current profile image is in fact a self portrait taken by myself, here is another.

©Steve Shilling II - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment