"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Take A Step Back, Relax, Enjoy Life

A few days ago I posted this on my Facebook page.  It's a clip from the movie The Cotton Club that I've been watching a lot lately, mainly for the music.  Another great aspect of the movie are the performances.  There are a collection of great Jazz performances involving the late great tap dancer Gregory Hines and his older brother Maurice.  Here's one of my favorite clips from the film. Slow down, sit back and enjoy the clip. Who knows, maybe it'll get you back up on your feet and dancing a bit yourself.

Sincerely,

-S.

P.S. Interested in making your own tap shoes? We've all done it once in our lives... Comment with a link to your tack diagram if you'd like. Of course I'll upload mine as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment