"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Friday, March 2, 2012

Back to Making Work

I've been spending quite some time reading interviews held between various individuals and John Cage. I'm working on ways to steer my work in a direction more similar to his. However, for now I'm just going to keep making the work I feel I need to.
Having said that, here are some examples of my most recent creations. As always, I'm going to leave out (aside from what one gathers from the titles) any notion of my intent or goal. Both of theses are or should be considered irrelevant for you, the audience. All they (the pieces) require of you is that you place your soul under careful observation, paying attention to its reactions.

A friend of mine mentioned that I should write up a manifesto of sorts and I'm currently battling myself with that idea. I want not to take the offensive but at the same time I strongly believe that art has been steadily traveling down a damaging path, largely to blame is capitalism, and that there should be felt some great urgency to correct it's path.
However, here, in this blog post, is not the place to do it.

Without further swelling my passions, here are some samples of new work:




No comments:

Post a Comment