"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Image(s) of the Night 19-23

Tonight I went for a stroll with two of my friends. We dropped of my one friend's girlfriend at Penn Station and decided to walk back East rather then waste money on the subway. Along our way back I was able to snap off a few images seeing as I had taken my digital camera along with me.

You'll notice something different about these images. That is that they all have people in them. This is certainly not something that occurs often or is seen often in my, so called, ouvre.  My current focus is on everything that is NOT photographic in photography and stripping it of its preconceived notifying photographic indicators. However, everyone in a while I feel compelled to just snap some images.


Midnight Shift - 2012

This image of the construction sight holds significance because immediately following my passing of the site I was asked by one of the workers if there was any way he'd be able to get the/an image(s) that I took. I told him if he supplied his email address then I'd take care of the rest. Later tonight I had the photograph all ready for him and had emailed him a high resolution file that he can use for printing or sending to a lab to order prints if he so chooses.


Untitled - 2012


There's something unsettling about this image. It's the small postcard of the twin towers in the upper left-of-center portion of the frame. It's almost as if it's a constant reminder for the guards on duty. And the only reason I approach this with some reservations is because I don't think we need our security to be constantly feeling a sort of mixture of anger, hatred, and sorrow while they are performing their job as assisting those who need help and simultaneously maintaining a "lookout" and a watchful eye for any unscrupulous behavior. I feel that with all the associated ideas behind 9/11 it might almost increase the tendencies of racial or ethnic profiling amongst public security officers such as the NYPD or even the officers dressed in full camouflage and wielding automatic rifles.


Late Night McDonald's Run...Walk...er...Sit - 2012


Untitled - 2012
 Yes, I added a good amount of digital noise to this image. I felt it needed it. There are a good deal of negative undertones within this image and I felt adding grain as a sort of, degradation of the image, of clarity added to the mood.

The aspect ratios are as follows:
4:5
6:7
6:7
5:7



No comments:

Post a Comment