"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Returning to the City

These are the images I took with Agfa Digibase CR200 while waiting for the train at the Auberndale LIRR station.  Hope you enjoy (even though the scans are terrible).

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011

©Steve Shilling II - 2011             This is an alternative shot selection

All in all I've got to say that even with these less than desirable scans the color rendition of this film is impressive.  I find that the colors are rich without being over saturated. They're very true to what my memory recalls.  Especially with outdoor daytime lighting.  In the previous posts the images contained mixed lighting and as long as you know what color temperature the lights are the images make sense. With the portrait of my friend Anthony, the image was shot in very low lighting and under-exposed by either one or one half stop and the film still performed exceptionally well and presents the very mood of the lighting and the situation accurately. All in all even with these poor reproductions I feel that I've found a new favorite color film –step aside Fuji (at least 35mm films).

Sincerely,


-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment