"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Challenge

I've come to the conclusion that while photography is a glorious medium it's not the perfect one for me or my work. While I'm sure I'll still be pursuing it as a main focus I've begun to incorporate other mediums into my work such as sound and music. I've always attempted to include sound/music with my work but what's different about  now is that I'll be recording my own sounds and writing my own music to accompany my two dimensional works.
I've created a Soundcloud account and I'll be posting links to where you'll all be able to hear samples of or complete works of mine.

This is the result of attempting to boot-camp music theory over the past week. After that week, this is what I've begun to create.

You can click HERE to be taken to my Soundcloud page and listen to a sample of a piece called Studie eines Raumes Op.1 (Study of a Room Op.1).

As of right now it's been exported with a tempo of 90 bpm and I'll be eventually changing that to around 73 bpm.

Sincerely,

-S

NOTE: There are instruments written with the piano-piano-pianissimo dynamic (extremely quiet) so if you are going to listen it is STRONGLY advised that you wear decent headphones and turn the volume up some. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment