"Speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald


I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-Alan Watts

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Addition of "Web-Presence"

Though I've held off on the Tumblr craze, the Twitter tummult, and only had a brief encounter with the pointless social whatever known as Formspring I have been known to enjoy my Last.FM account, A Pandora profile, and of course a Facebook and now I'm adding my Soundcloud account which you can access.....HERE.

Currently I've only got one track up and it's what I'm calling a 'Condensed' Symphony. Now, I've only read about a weeks worth of music theory and even that was only done in about five days so I'm sure there are time signature shift errors, key signature messups and a number of other issues.  I've got a few changes I already know i'd like to change so I'm waiting to upload the final 'condensed version' until i'm sure it's finished...enough haha.

Here is the description of the piece as it appears on my Soundcloud page:

This is a CONDENSED Symphony because at the moment i've only got about a weeks worth of music theory reading under my belt.
The music is ment to accompany 10 photographs that were all recorded of and within a single space, an abandoned dairy barn's feeding chamber in my home town.
The music presents and expresses several of the emotions felt by myself somewhat chronologically.
This is still a work in progress and will eventually be finalized into a complete symphony of appropriate length. I've got until the 19th to present it and by then I hope to have it at about five to seven and a half minutes, it's currently at three minutes and thirty-three seconds.
There is a solid chunk of silence that occurs within the piece, this is meant as a representation of the self reflection, meditation, and then appreciation of the surroundings that occurred while making the exposure.
LASTLY: There are also several moments where the song becomes relatively quiet so turning the volume up a bit or using headphones is advised.
Thank you for listening.


Sincerely,

-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment